The New Republic army was the branch of the New Republic's military forces concerned with ground-based tasks and operations. Following the Battle of Endor, New Republic army personnel took part in battles on numerous worlds including Naalol, Uyter, Sevarcos, Nag Ubdur, and Jakku.
New Republic army soldiers wore simple vest and utility belts. They were also equipped with rifles and blasters. Members of the New Republic army came from various different species. Some known units included the New Republic Thirty-First and the Third Recon Group.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
The New Republic army were the ground forces of the New Republic military, which originated from the Rebel Alliance's ground forces. Following the Battle of Endor, New Republic soldiers saw action during the Battle of Naalol, the Battle in Central City, and the Battle of Sevarcos in 4 ABY. Later, a ground forces unit known as the New Republic Thirty-First fought with Imperial forces on Nag Ubdur in 5 ABY. New Republic soldiers were sometimes accompanied by embedded HoloNet journalists including Tracene Kane and Lug from the Queen of the Core Network.
The army took part in the Battle of Jakku, a major battle which ended the Galactic Civil War in the New Republic's favor and led to the signing of the Galactic Concordance. During the battle, New Republic ground forces on Jakku were commanded by Lieutenant General Brockway, who corresponded with General Tyben. New Republic ground forces were landed by U-wings and lay siege to the Main Imperial base and other Imperial installations. Despite the signing of the Galactic Concordance, New Republic forces were locked in fighting against the Imperials for several months.
Rise of the First OrderEdit
From before the end of the end of the Galactic Civil War, Chancellor Mon Mothma wanted to demilitarize and make remaining military a peacekeeping force. The New Republic military did demilitarize through the Military Disarmament Act.
About thirty years after the Battle of Endor, New Republic soldiers appeared in several training simulators where the First Order stormtrooper FN-2187 and his fellow cadets assaulted a Republic outpost. While FN-2187 was able to kill the simulated soldiers, he found himself unable to kill civilians.
The New Republic soldier composed the army of the New Republic, and saw action in the Battle of Jakku.
Vehicles and machineryEdit
Weapons and equipmentEdit
As the Galactic Civil War draw to a close, most weapons, vehicle, and equipment were of the rebellion era. But over time, weapons like the A280 blaster rifle were phased out in favor of newer weapons such as the EL-16HFE blaster rifle. Other weapons used by the army of the New Republic were the A280C blaster rifle, the E-11 blaster rifle, the M-45 repeating ion blaster, the DH-17 blaster pistol, and the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol. The army also employed thermal detonators, thermal imploders, and Sonic Imploders.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Aftermath
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Before the Awakening
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Blade Squadron: Jakku"—Star Wars Insider 172
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and the events of Shattered Empire 4, which take place three months after the battle, to 5 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Aftermath states that months have passed since the Battle of Endor, while Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath. Therefore, the events of Aftermath: Life Debt begin at least four months after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 5 ABY. Additionally, Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel, Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, thereby firmly placing Aftermath: Life Debt in 5 ABY.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary