New Republic soldiers, also known as New Republic troops, were the soldiers of the New Republic's military. Shortly after the Battle of Endor, Republic soldiers fought on the planet Uyter. Republic soldiers took part in the Battle of Jakku, a major battle which ended the Galactic Civil War in the New Republic's favor and led to the signing of the Galactic Concordance. By 9 ABY New Republic soldiers were responsible for overseeing prisoner transportation aboard New Republic prison ships guarded by security droids. Twenty-four years after the Battle of Endor, they were used to guard the New Republic senatorial complex on Hosnian Prime.
During the Galactic Civil War, New Republic soldiers wore simple vests and utility belts. They were armed with rifles and blasters. In the New Republic Era, a variation of it's troop attire consisted of a blue tunic with a New Republic roundel on the left shoulder, blue trousers, white shoes, a white belt and holster and a white helmet with a black tinted visor, the same type worn by the Alderaanian consular security. About twenty-four years after the Battle of Endor, New Republic soldiers stationed at the Galactic Senate on Hosnian Prime wore jackets and trousers that were not designed to inspire terror and awe. They also wore helmets that were tethered by a simple leather strap.
Specialized New Republic soldiersEdit
- Desert Soldiers — Troopers that operated in desert environments.
- Shock trooper - Troopers that protected delegates and suppressed riots.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Lost Stars (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath)
- Lost Stars audiobook
- Lost Stars webcomic
- Star Wars Battlefront (First pictured)
- Alphabet Squadron
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook
- Aftermath (First appearance, simultaneous with Lost Stars)
- Aftermath audiobook
- Shadow Fall
- Shadow Fall audiobook
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook
- "Blade Squadron: Jakku"—Star Wars Insider 172
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 6: The Prisoner"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption" (Indirect mention only)
- Bloodline audiobook
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Aftermath
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Bloodline
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the formation of the New Republic as taking place thirty years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, It can be deduced that the New Republic soldier was formed in 4 ABY as well.
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Mandalorian – "Chapter 6: The Prisoner"
- ↑ Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Shadow Fall
- ↑ "Blade Squadron: Jakku"—Star Wars Insider 172
- ↑ Star Wars Commander
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 4: Sanctuary"