- "I apologize. I am feeling a little distracted today."
- ―Mon Mothma, concerned over the rise of the New Separatist Union
The New Separatist Union was a galactic government that was founded by 5 ABY. Eleven months after the Battle of Endor in that year, General Si-Flachitt of the New Republic's military provided a report on border skirmishes that involved the Union at a meeting of Republic High Command officers around the time of the battle at the planet Chadawa.
Later in that same year, during the closing days of the Galactic Civil War between the splintering Galactic Empire and the New Republic, Republic Chancellor Mon Mothma became unsettled by the New Separatist Union's rise to power alongside the Confederacy of Corporate Systems, another growing galactic government, and the pirate-led Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya. Those worries preoccupied and distracted Mothma during a meeting with New Republic senators, although she conceded that her distractions might also be due to previously sustained injuries.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Victory's Price (Mentioned only)
- Victory's Price audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- According to Aftermath: Empire's End, Mon Mothma was worried about the rise of the New Separatist Union weeks before the Battle of Jakku. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that battle to 5 ABY, the New Separatist Union must have been formed by that year.
- Victory's Price states that it begins eleven months after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. The Battle of Jakku, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states takes place in 5 ABY, is stated in Lost Stars to take place a year and four days after the Battle of Endor. Additionally, Before the Awakening states that Kes Dameron and Shara Bey moved to Yavin 4 around six months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas dates their move to 5 ABY. Therefore, Victory's Price must be set in 5 ABY.
- Victory's Price