Nexu were agile predators with four red eyes and sharp quills. They had infrared vision and were 4.51 meters long. Typically 0.94 meters tall, nexu possessed sharp teeth and claws, as well as long tails. It's light build allowed it to remain highly agile and difficult to hit, but also meant that it was easily hurt or even killed if struck with enough force; a single kick was enough to stun a nexu and cause significant pain.
Poggle the Lesser kept a nexu in the Petranaki arena on Geonosis. The beast was used in the attempted execution of Senator Padmé Amidala prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars. When a Geonosian guard attempted to direct the nexu with a blast from an electric pike, the creature became irritated and devoured its provoker, tackling him off his mount and crushing his neck in its powerful jaws. It found Senator Amidala, however, to be more difficult prey. Though it landed the first blow and scratched the senator across the back, injuring her, causing her to scream and sob in pain, she returned the favour with a powerful kick which stunned the nexu due to its weak skeletal structure; the predator was swiftly killed soon afterwards by a Reek ridden by Anakin Skywalker, which rammed it head-on with its horns.
By the time of the war between the First Order and the Resistance, the Ithorian storekeeper Dok-Ondar had the head of a nexu mounted on a wall in his store, Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities, in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu.
Behind the scenesEdit
Robert Barnes designed the nexu; early concept sketches depicted a very lionlike creature. The nexu's final design came about when Barnes mixed feline traits with those of other species, such as reptiles and humans.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Mines of Graballa"
- Jedi Academy: Attack of the Furball
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Journey Through Space
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Star Wars: Creatures Big & Small
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Journey Through Space
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Excavator Repairs"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities