- "I have a petition from the Nezriti Organization. They wish an alliance with Black Sun."
"I'm sure they do."
- ―Mayth Duvel and Prince Xizor
The Nezriti Organization was a criminal group that operated during the Galactic Civil War. In 3.5 ABY, shortly after the Battle of Hoth, the Nezriti Organization sent a petition of alliance to Prince Xizor, Underlord of the powerful Black Sun crime syndicate. To curry Xizor's favor, the Nezriti overture included a gift: a Tumanian pressure-ruby, an extremely rare gemstone easily worth several million credits.
Black Sun servant Mayth Duvel delivered the petition in the form of a small package to Xizor within the prince's private sanctum. Xizor nodded at the offering before casually tossing the gemstone onto his desk and instructing Duvel to inform the Nezriti that he would consider their proposal.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 377 ("Nezriti Organization")
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology dates the events of the Shadows of the Empire novel to 3.5 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Shadows of the Empire novel
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 267 ("Tumanian pressure-ruby")