- "We can't hold this position, but we'll leave some surprises for Black Sun before we go."
- ―Nidaljo, to a Jedi Knight
Nidaljo was a Human male police officer with the Coruscant Security Force who eventually attained the rank of sergeant. During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, he was placed in command of one of the CSF's special tactical unit, which was composed of police officers and Republic soldiers. The unit's goal was to fight violent gangs such as Black Sun and even the odds for the overwhelmed police forces. On one occasion, Nidaljo and his team—along with a Jedi Knight—were involved in a raid on the Black Sun Headquarters.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- Nidaljo: "I'll go with you—but I won't ask my men to follow."
- Corporal: "You don't have to. The Jedi's right. We can't let those scum beat us."
- Soldier: "Count me in. Always wanted to fight alongside a Jedi."
- ―Nidaljo and his men agree to help[src]
A Human male, Nidaljo served as a police officer with the Coruscant Security Force on his homeworld of Coruscant. He achieved the rank of sergeant by the time of the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. As regular beat cops became overwhelmed by the constant street warfare after the Empire's Sacking of Coruscant, a special tactical unit was formed with police officers and Republic soldiers. Nidaljo was placed in command of the unit, whose specific goal was to actively fight dangerous gangs such as the Black Sun crime syndicate.
Around 3643 BBY, secret plans for the Republic's Planet Prison superweapon were stolen, and its designer, Doctor Tarnis, was kidnapped. Nidaljo and his men were sent by Strategic Information Service Agent Galen to the Black Sun territory to rescue the scientist and secure the plans. However, they were overwhelmed by Black Sun's forces while breaching the Black Sun Headquarters, and Nidaljo suffered the loss of seven of his men, with four others wounded.
A Jedi Knight sent by Agent Galen was able to rally Nidaljo, who in turn encouraged the other twenty-two of his men to take the Black Sun stronghold. When the Jedi, along with Nidaljo and his unit, broke through Black Sun's defenses, they discovered that Doctor Tarnis was in actuality a Sith Lord who had tricked Black Sun's leader, Salarr, into helping him steal the plans. The Jedi and Nidaljo attempted to arrest Salarr, but he resisted and was killed. Nidaljo knew that the CSF would be unable to retain the territory that they had just fought over and won. However, his fighting spirit renewed, he and his men set several traps to sabotage further efforts made by Black Sun to hold on to the area.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "Look at us. We're half-dead, and they didn't suffer a single casualty. There's no hope of victory."
- ―Nidaljo, after his unit was routed by Black Sun forces
Fair-skinned with dark blond hair and dark blue eyes, Nidaljo was a loyal cop and a good commanding officer. However, the years of constant street warfare in the aftermath of the Sacking of Coruscant had left him embittered and demoralized. Nevertheless, though faced with seemingly overwhelming odds, through some encouragement Nidaljo was able to rally himself and his men to complete their mission against Black Sun.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Nidaljo appears in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) by BioWare released on December 20, 2011, as part of "The Rescue" Jedi Knight class quest. The player can choose not to rally Nidaljo and his men and subsequently receive dark side points.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "The Rescue" on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places