- "Seems this guy Frangee was an undercover security guy."
- ―Borvo's guard, to a spacer
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "One of our most trusted guys! He even trained me. Wait, you're not a cop are you? You take out Frangee and that'll prove you're not a rat snitch yourself."
- ―Borvo's guard, to a spacer
Agent Frangee was a detective of the Corellian Security Force. Prior to the Battle of Yavin, he joined an investigation against the Hutt crime lord Borvo. Frangee traveled from Corellia to Naboo and infiltrated Borvo the Hutt's criminal organization. He was introduced to Borvo by Montrus, one of Borvo's business partner. Frangee stayed undercover for the next six years and became an important of the criminal organization. He even trained Borvo's personal bodyguard.
Circa 1 ABY, the CorSec investigation against Borvo the Hutt came to an end. Frangee was tasked to trap one of Borvo's closest henchmen, Dagorel, but the mission was a failure. Frangee was found out by Dagorel and the detective was finally murdered in the Paitnnu Wetlands by a spacer in Borvo's employment.
Legacy[edit | edit source]
During the six years in infiltration, all of Niksel Frangee's direct superiors had retired and been replaced. Thus, nobody in the CorSec knew how Frangee looked like at the moment of his death. The spacer who killed him later used Frangee's CorSec badge to pass himself off as Frangee on Corellia. The spacer met one of the CorSec senior officers, Captain Thale Dustrunner, in the Coronet Capitol. Dustrunner fell for the ruse and took the spacer for the long lost agent. He ordered him to protect Aldalad, a witness who wanted to testify against Borvo, and Maerzen, who had discovered evidence against Borvo the Hutt. The spacer killed both of them and returned to Naboo, leaving the CorSec without any evidence against the Hutt crime lord.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Niksel Frangee appeared as a non-player character in the video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. Frangee was part of the Borvo the Hutt questline on Naboo in the original game: Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. The quests involving Frangee were extensively revamped with the New Game Enhancements update in 2005.
As the spacer would later take on Frangee's identity, the NPC would spawn under 1 of 35 possible depictions, including male and female Aqualish, Bith, Bothans, Humans, Trandoshans, Twi'leks, and Zabrak. However, the scenario clearly identifies Frangee as a male.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Borvo's Guard" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Borvo's Guard - A Trip To Corellia" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Borvo's Assignments" on Naboo
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Bluffing CorSec" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided