The Nite Owls, were an elite Mandalorian unit led by Bo-Katan Kryze. When Bo-Katan joined Death Watch, the Nite Owls sided with the group and with Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla. After Darth Maul killed Vizsla in battle and proclaimed himself the new leader of Death Watch, the organization split in two, with members of the Nite Owls siding with either Maul or Bo-Katan. Those who joined Bo-Katan became part of the Mandalore resistance and fought against Maul's Shadow Collective and his Mandalorian super commandos, even attempting to free Bo-Katan's sister, the former Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, whom they had formerly opposed due to her pacifist idealism.
Following Death Watch's exile from Mandalore, the Nite Owls joined former Governor Pre Vizsla at his camp on Carlac. With Vizla and Bo-Katan Kryze, the Nite Owls raided a Ming Po settlement, abducting women and burning buildings.
After Darth Maul killed Pre Vizla and took over Death Watch, most of their member felt that they were honor-bound to serve Maul. However, many of the Nite Owls did not, with Bo-Katan declaring, "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore," before escaping with the rest of the Nite Owls. Afterwards, Bo-Katan would help Duchess Satine, and later Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi escape Mandalore and alert the Republic to what had happened.[source?]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- The Clone Wars: Season Seven
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- (First identified as Nite Owls)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Picture only)