- "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!"
- ―Bo-Katan Kryze, before leaving Death Watch with her Nite Owls
The Nite Owls were an elite Mandalorian unit made up of warriors led by Bo-Katan Kryze. When Bo-Katan joined Death Watch, the Nite Owls sided with the group and with its leader, Pre Vizsla. After Maul killed Vizsla in battle and proclaimed himself the new leader of Death Watch, the Nite Owls, like the rest of Death Watch, split in two, with members siding with either Maul or Bo-Katan. Those who joined Bo-Katan became part of the Mandalore resistance and fought against Maul's Shadow Collective and his Mandalorian super commandos, even attempting to free Bo-Katan's sister, the former Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, whom they had formerly opposed due to her pacifist idealism.
The Nite Owls were a group of elite Mandalorian warriors who were a part of the extremist group Death Watch. Led by Bo-Katan Kryze, who served as Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla's second in command, the group joined former governor and his forces at his camp on Carlac during the Clone Wars. At one point, the Nite Owls raided a Ming Po settlement, abducting women and burning buildings, before chasing away the Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, who had been their prisoner before escaping with Lux Bonteri, who had come to negotiate with them.
After Maul killed Pre Vizsla and assumed leadership of Death Watch, most of their members felt that they were honor-bound to serve Maul; however, some of the Nite Owls and other members of Death Watch did not. Bo-Katan declared "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore," before escaping the aftermath of Maul's murder of Vizsla alongside some of the Nite Owls. Afterwards, Bo-Katan would help Duchess Satine, and later Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, escape Mandalore and alert the Republic to what happened with her newly formed Mandalore resistance. Despite initially opposing Duchess Satine Kryze, the sister of their leader Bo-Katan, and her pacifist ideals, the two sisters and their forces joined together to thwart Maul's new reign during a civil war.
The Nite Owls wear their distinct Mandalorian armor. They were armed with GALAAR-15 blaster carbines before Maul takeover, while keep on using WESTAR-35 blaster pistols with Mandalorian vambraces in combat.[source?]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- "Kenobi's Shadow"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- The Clone Wars: Season 7: Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dangerous Debt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Together Again"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered"
- Star Wars Rebels: Heroes of Mandalore
- Bounty Hunters 14 (In flashback(s))
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 11: The Heiress"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 16: The Rescue"
- (First identified as Nite Owls)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- "A Certain Point of View"—Star Wars Insider 202
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Picture only)