Biology and appearance
- "It's a lot like a Sinrich optical dephaser, but it's got a totally different design. Looks like it's limited to three minutes on a charge, doesn't work on humans— needs a Noghri's double-layer skin conductivity or something— and doesn't cover any added stuff one it's been activated."
- ―Sergeant Drav notes Noghri double-layer skin conductivity
The Noghri were humanoid in shape, with a torso, a single head, two arms and two legs. Entirely hairless and wiry, they had gray skin and a row of short horns atop their heads. Their hands and feet each possessed four long digits. Although they stood upright, walking with a simian gait, the Noghri ran on all fours and were capable of leaping great heights and jumping long distances. They were also gifted with a keen sense of smell.
Noghri in the galaxy
One Noghri was present on Wecacoe when Captain Cassian Andor traveled there to extract Imperial security protocols. Rukh was a male Noghri assassin who often worked for Imperial Grand Admiral Thrawn. Because of their strong sense of smell and advanced combat skills, Noghri were often employed as trackers and assassins.
- "A Youth Unpromising"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook
- Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Star Wars Rebels – "DUME"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Fool's Hope"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Family Reunion – and Farewell"
- Rogue One - Cassian & K-2SO Special 1 (First appearance)