- "The Geonosians Fuse mentioned—a big gang of them—moved into an abandoned town nearly two months ago."
- ―Oleg Klerren
The Northern Windfarm, also known as the Geonosian Compound, was a windfarm and storage complex in the northern Jundland Wastes on the planet Tatooine during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. One of the facility's warehouses was used by local criminals to store spice, but the windfarm was overrun by members of the Geonosian species during the Cold War. The facility fell into disrepair as a result, and in addition to conducting raids on local settlements, the Geonosians occupying the farm were also employed by the Sith Empire to construct droid-borne bombs.
The Northern Windfarm was a windfarm in the Deathly Heat, a region in the northern Jundland Wastes on the planet Tatooine. A number of other houses and facilities were located in the area and formed a kind of unofficial township. The facility occupied a large depression in the sands of the desert and consisted of a number of buildings as well five large wind vanes. The largest were two rectangular warehouses; four smaller circular buildings were situated just west of the northern warehouse, and one of the buildings was topped by a large moisture vaporator. A second warehouse was located to the southwest, and a large circular tower was situated south of the main farm. The windfarm's five large vanes were situated just north of the farm's buildings, though the farm was taken over by members of the Geonosian species during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, and two of the vanes had collapsed due to disrepair. Three other wind vanes were located south of the southern warehouse, along the edge of the Northern Jundland Plateau.
The Northern Windfarm had been in operation before the Cold War but had been abandoned by the year 3643 BBY, when Geonosians took over the windfarm along with most of the region, leading to the area being named the Geonosian Compound. Despite the farm's abandonment, the southern warehouse had been used by local criminals to store spice. After taking control of the compound, the Geonosians began to raid nearby settlements. Two months after the Geonosians invaded the windfarm, Colonel Gorik of the Sith Empire employed the Geonosian Kyvax to construct droid-bombs that were used to attack the settlement of Anchorhead. After learning that the Geonosians were producing the bombs, the elite Republic Special Forces unit Havoc Squad investigated the warehouse at the Northern Windfarm, where its members encountered Kyvax and overheard a conversation between Kyvax and Gorik that confirmed the Empire's involvement in the bombings. After fighting its way out of the warehouse, Havoc Squad then returned to Anchorhead and continued to track down Gorik.
Around the same time, a Jedi Knight visited the windfarm to set up an ultrasonic sensor as part of an effort to locate the Shock Drum, a superweapon that caused seismic vibrations; the Jedi Knight fought through the Geonosians in the area and set up the scanner before departing. Also around that time, the Geonosians from the windfarm attacked the nearby Ut'ttailri Jawa Camp, a Jawa settlement built around a damaged sandcrawler, and stole parts that the Jawas needed to repair their vehicle. A Jedi who was searching for the Jedi Master Eriz Vossan made a deal with the Jawas to recover their stolen parts in exchange for information on Vossam's whereabouts, and the Jedi Consular reacquired the parts from around the compound. A smuggler was sent to reacquire a tooth from a rare krayt dragon from the southern warehouse for Tookreek, the owner of Tookreek's Cantina at the nearby Dreviad Outpost, and the smuggler fought through the raiders to find the tooth.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Northern Windfarm is an area on the planet Tatooine in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011. It is visited during the Jedi Knight class mission "Race Against Doom" and the Jedi Consular mission "Looking Out for the Little Guy," and the two warehouses are a class-restricted phase for the Trooper mission "Interception" and the Smuggler mission "Bugged-Out." The area was pictured, though unnamed, in a map of the Jundland Wastes that appeared in the Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Race Against Doom" on Tatooine
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Trooper Mission: "Interception" on Tatooine
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Bugged-Out" on Tatooine
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Consular Mission: "Looking Out for the Little Guy" on Tatooine
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide