Nossor Ri was a Quarren male chieftain active during the Clone Wars. Initially loyal to the Mon Cala monarchy, he defected and led the Quarren Isolation League. Tensions led to the Battle of Mon Cala, where Ri and the Quarren Isolation League joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems while the monarchy was supported by the Galactic Republic. Eventually, Ri and his faction became disillusioned and returned to the Republic, and with the combined forces were able to defeat the Separatists.
By the time of the Clone Wars, Nossor Ri held the position of chieftain and represented the Quarren on Mon Cala. He was a dear friend of King of Mon Cala Yos Kolina before Kolina's death. When Kolina's son, Prince Lee-Char was to be crowned king, Ri and his Quarren Isolation League eventually defected to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After the Battle of Mon Cala erupted between the Mon Cala monarchy and the Galactic Republic against the Quarren Isolation League and the Separatists, led by Riff Tamson, Ri and his group became disillusioned with the Separatist cause. Ri came to Lee-Char's aid, saving him from execuction by the Seperatists. The Quarrens helped the Republic forces defeated Tamson's droids, and Ri accepted Lee-Char as the king.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
First Order–Resistance warEdit
- "You shouldn't have come after all you have done, General Organa, after all the death you brought to our waters. So tell us why we shouldn't kill you were you stand."
- ―Nossor Ri, to Leia Organa
By the time war erupted between the First Order and the Resistance, Ri held the rank of general and angrily confronted Resistance leader Leia Organa when she arrived on Mon Cala seeking their help. Ri was interrupted by Aftab Ackbar, which caused Ri's advisor, Chadkol Gee, to contact the First Order.
After Organa's meeting with king Ech-Char ended poorly, the Resistance agents engaged in the Ancient Rite of Challenge. When Rose Tico intervened between Rey and Arkay-Nine, it was Ri who called for their exile in accord with the law.
However, after their ship was sabotaged by one of Ri's agents, Chadkol Gee, the Resistance came to an agreement with the King for ships. As the First Order arrived to attack the Resistance at Gee's behest, General Ri volunteered as a distraction to atone for his agent's actions. He flew his fighter, and as the First Order Destroyer opened fire, he radioed his defiance. His sacrifice worked to allow the Resistance and Aftab Ackbar's starship to escape.
Behind the scenesEdit
In episodes envisioned for the unfinished seventh production season of the original run of Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, Nossor Ri would have been murdered near the end of the Clone Wars conflict, allowing for Tikkes to be appointed the political leader in his place.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- Allegiance 1
- Allegiance 2
- Allegiance 3
- Allegiance 4
- (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (First pictured)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ Star Wars: Allegiance takes place after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, and before Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, placed in the same year by a timeline shown at D23 2019. Therefore, Star Wars: Allegiance must be set in 34 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Allegiance 4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Allegiance 3
- ↑ Allegiance 1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions, Declassified Featurette