- "Fight for Prince Lee-Char!"
- ―Nossor Ri betrays Riff Tamson
Nossor Ri was a Quarren male chieftain who conspired with the Karkarodon Riff Tamson to make the Quarren allies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems on Dac during the Clone Wars. Nossor Ri later noticed his error, however, and rejoined the Galactic Republic after betraying Tamson and fighting droid forces with the aid of the Mon Calamari warriors.
Becoming a Separatist pawnEdit
- "Prince Lee-Char will bring the planet to ruin. The boy has neither the experience nor the knowledge to lead."
- ―Nossor Ri expresses his views on Lee-Char becoming king
About 21 BBY, after the mysterious death of King Yos Kolina, leader of Mon Cala, tensions began to grow between the Quarren and the Mon Calamari. chieftain Nossor Ri was the one leading his people at this time of crisis. Backed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems and convinced by a Separatist envoy by the name of Riff Tamson, who was later be revealed as Kolina's murderer, Ri presented the claims of his people in front of the Mon Calamari Council in the capital. Ri expressed the disagreement of the Quarren to elect Kolina's son, Prince Lee-Char, as the next ruler of the Calamari system. In the end Nossor Ri, Tamson, and the Quarren left the gathering disgruntled by the results of the peace talks. Before leaving, however, the chieftain approached Lee-Char, who by that point had lost all hope for peace, and Ri expressed his condolences and admiration for Lee-Char's father.
All the happenings were machinations by Count Dooku and Tamson to rip the planet from its alliance with the Galactic Republic and bring it to the Separatist side of the Clone Wars, a series of battles between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, also known as the Separatists. Ri had agreed to do so as he felt he was doing what was best for his people. Little did he know that Dooku and Tamson were planning to put all inhabitants of Dac in chains and use them as slaves.
All the events led to the Battle of Mon Cala, in which Ri took part in and observed from a distance. During the initial attack, the Quarren and Aqua droids retreated. Ri was puzzled by the situation as he had not anticipated the droids to be defeated by the Jedi. Tamson then brought in the secret weapons that would win the battle.
The attack proceeded as planned and the opposing forces were driven into hiding. Although the Quarren were supposed to be part of the last push against the Jedi and the Mon Calamari, Ri decided to hold off his forces as he allegedly felt that Tamson was certain to win. This attitude and disobedience by the chieftain angered the Karkarodon. Grabbing the Quarren by his tentacled face, Tamson threatened to kill Ri if he did not follow orders again.
Search for Lee-CharEdit
- "Excuse me, Count Dooku, but what of the prisoners?"
- ―Nossor Ri inquiring of the fates of their captured enemies
After the initial victory, Ri and Tamson situated themselves at the Central palace of the Mon Calamari capital. From there they monitored the situation and began the search for Lee-Char and his allies. Dooku contacted the victors and insisted they press on and take full control of the planet. During the conversation, Ri spoke with concern for the captured Mon Calamari and wished to know if the women and children would be spared the fate of a slave. A furious Dooku silenced the Quarren leader and insisted all Mon Calamari be sent to work as slaves. This was the first sign that Ri saw of the Confederacy's ruthless policy towards prisoners of war and started to have doubts about his decision to join the Separatists.
When the Jedi and Mon Calamari troops attempted to escape to the Republic ship on the ocean surface, Ri was contacted by the one of soldiers that engaged the enemy forces. Tamson pushed Ri aside and ordered the Quarren to allow the Jedi and Prince to get to the ship. Soon after, he sprung the trap and the ship was destroyed in front of the eyes of the Prince in order to make him lose all hope of escape.
Shortly after, the Jedi disrupted the Separatist communications by destroying a building that housed Dac's Inner-planetary scanners; this was reported to Ri and Tamson. Ri pointed out that there was nothing on the scope prior to this. However, Tamson predicted an attack to happen in the near future and warned the chieftain that another battle would arrive. As expected, a huge force containing mostly Gungan warriors soon made their way to the droid forces. The Prince himself then began to free prisoners, while a large attack force engaged the droid forces at the site of the destroyed scanners. Ri was left alone at the Palace as Tamson went in search of the Prince.
Ri was informed of both attacks and contacted Tamson to report on the situation. The Quarren leader proposed a retreat of all Separatist forces, but Tamson decided to send Trident-class assault ships to both locations, while he also joined the battle in which the Prince was present, so he could finish him off once and for all.
Uniting with the Mon CalamariEdit
- "As representative of the Quarren people, I pledge our loyalty to you."
- ―Nossor Ri confirming his loyalty to King Lee-Char
After Tamson received news that the Prince was captured, Ri was shocked to learn that Tamson was taking the throne instead of the Quarren. He finally came to realize that serving the Confederacy was his true mistake, and that the Quarren were used ever since Tamson murdered the King. Ri was then requested by Lee-Char to turn on his Separatist allies and help Lee-Char drive them from Mon Calmarai. Ri refused until a few moments before Lee-Char was about to be executed. Ri could not allow the young prince to die for everything he had done, so he immediately ordered the Quarren to join Lee-Char and the Republic forces to defeat the Separatists. Ri was able to save the prince's life, and a battle ensued. After the battle was won for the Mon Calamari and the Quarren, they were finally united, and the Quarren once again became allies of the Galactic Republic. Ri was later present when the Prince became the King of Dac.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Your father was my trusted friend. I am sorry for your loss."
- ―Nossor Ri acknowledging his friendship with Lee-Char's father
An outspoken representative of the Quarren, Nossor Ri seemed disgruntled and thought it unfair that the Mon Calamari ruled over both the Quarren and their own kind. This led him to side with a Separatist envoy, and was initially very easy to manipulate. Later on, after witnessing the true, ruthless personalities of the people he had aligned himself with, Ri betrayed the Separatists, and sided with the Mon Calamari, uniting all people of Mon Cala once again, and bringing the Quarren back to the Galactic Republic.
- "The day is won."
- ―Nossor Ri, informing his allies of Lee-Char's victory while raising a blaster rifle in triumph
Behind the scenesEdit
There was a story arc planned for a season after The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions. In it, Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker would return to Dac, where they would learn that Nossor Ri had been murdered. Another Quarren, Tikkes, would temporarily assume the role of Leader of the Quarren, while Tundra Dowmeia would also make an appearance.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- The Clone Wars: Warriors of the Deep
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Ackbar's Underwater Army
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.26 (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (LEE1-2, Lee-Char)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 13 (CHE1–2, Chewbacca) dates "Wookiee Hunt" to 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 25 (GAL4, The Reluctant Warrior) dates "Nomad Droids" to 21 BBY. Since places "Water War" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Water War" also takes place in 21 BBY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions, Declassified Featurette