- "From what we've been able to gather, the Revanites' agents in the Empire and Republic have been feeding the Nova Blades intel on ship activity. The Blades then use that intel to ambush military patrols and key shipping lanes on both sides. They're essentially remapping hyperroutes."
- ―Theron Shan
The Nova Blades was a gang of pirates that were based on the planet Rishi in the decades before the Galactic War. Originally a loose conglomerate of pirate crews that shared resources, the Blades eventually joined together and began to collaborate tactically, extensively preying on the galaxy's major hyperroutes—to the point where many corporations established a line item known as the "Blade Tax" to account for the expected losses due to the Blades' attacks. The corvette Aggressor was a major part of the Blades' forces, but when the Blades attempted to reach the Rishi Maze dwarf galaxy over a century before the Galactic War, the Aggressor crashed on Rishi, where Ralen Margok spearheaded an effort to turn the wreck into a headquarters.
By the Galactic War in 3637 BBY, the Blades were led by Dael Margok and allied themselves with the Order of Revan, who assigned them to perform hit-and-run attacks on Republic and Imperial patrol routes to remap hyperlanes to force command fleets on both sides to Rishi. They also built a signal jammer on Rishi to scramble all communications for when the Republic and Imperial fleets arrived, leaving them with no way to coordinate as Revanite saboteurs and the Revanite fleet wiped them out. However, Margok incidentally alienated Shae Vizla's Mandalorian clan, who refused to aid the Revanites' machinations.
In the same year, the Blades were being harassed by an upstart pirate gang, losing several weapon stockpiles and the slave camp. Margok contacted Revan directly for aid, but the Revanite leader declared that the Nova Blades had reached the end of their usefulness and demanded that Margok deal with his new rivals before resuming any talk of alliance. Unknown to both sides, the rival pirate gang was a mere fabrication created by Theron Shan, Lana Beniko and Jakarro in an attempt to thwart the Revanites' plan. With the aid of a spacer posing as the representative of the pirate gang, they assaulted the Aggressor to recover whatever intel the Blades had on the Revanites, killing Margok in the process and leaving the surviving Blades leaderless.
In 3627 BBY, the Nova Blades were contracted by the Sith Empire to attack the Republic on Dantooine, but eventually the gang members turned on the Empire and assaulted the assets of both factions.
Lieutenant Yarvok of the Nova Blades seized control of the Dantooine Power Station and asked for 15 million credits in exchange for the reactor. The power station was quickly besieged by Republic forces and a spacer eliminated Yarvok and cleared the building of Nova Blades.
The pirates deployed a prototype assault walker which they had stolen from a weapons-testing facility on Balmorra. A spacer was tasked to destroy the experimental vehicle before it could fall into the hands of either the Republic or Empire.
By 3626 BBY law had been established on Rishi under the Tribunal. The Nova Blades attempted to sabotage their efforts and return Raider's Cove to a pirate center but were stopped by a Feast of Prosperity envoy, seeking the support of Tribunal members to establish one such feast on Rishi.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught
- (First mentioned)
- (First identified as Nova Blades)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan—Codex: "Nova Blades"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan—Codex: "Commodore Margok"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught—Codex: "Invasive Species on Dantooine"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan—Codex: "The Aggressor"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- According to 2017 can be placed in 3629 BBY and the events from Game Update 5.9 through 5.10.3 can be placed in 3628 BBY. Therefore, the events of Game Update 5.10.3: The Dantooine Incursion can be placed in 3627 BBY. the events of Game Updates released in
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Mission: "The Marauders of Dantooine" on Dantooine
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Mission: [Heroic] "Reactor Ransom" on Dantooine
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Mission: [Heroic] "Shiny New Toy" on Dantooine
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne—Mission: [Heroic] "Beware Of Hugo" on Dantooine
- According to 3626 BBY, and the next Game Update occur within a couple of weeks. Therefore, the events of Game Update 6.1: Task at Hand takes place at the beginning of 3626 BBY. Game Update 6.1 takes place at the very beginning of
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "Sharing Our Bounty" on Rishi