Nower Jebel was a human male senator who represented the agricultural planet of Uyter in the Imperial Senate in the year 0 BBY. Jebel was secretly the Minister of Finance of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and was present on Yavin 4 in the Great Temple during the events leading up to the Battle of Scarif. During the High Command meeting, he was one of the Alliance Cabinet members who mistrusted the former criminal Jyn Erso, disbelieved the existence of the Empire's planet killer superweapon—the Death Star—before adding that the rebellion was finished.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Senator Nower Jebel, portrayed by Jonathan Aris, is a character created and developed for the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Aris' involvement was first revealed and his character's name was first identified on July 27, 2015 through his Spotlight page. Jebel was first pictured in the second trailer for Rogue One.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One Adaptation 4
- Aftermath: Empire's End
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Nower)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 79 (Weapons & Uniforms: Rebel Leaders at Yavin 4) (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Breznican, Anthony (November 21, 2016). 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' - 15 new photos! (Slide 2 of 15). Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on June 26, 2020. Retrieved on November 21, 2016.