- "I suppose one can never have too many lab rats."
- ―Dr. Vindi
Nuvo Vindi was a brilliant yet insane Faust male scientist who was employed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. At the behest of the Separatists, Vindi re-engineered the Blue Shadow Virus, an extinct virus capable of inflicting mass casualties across the galaxy. He worked out of a secret laboratory on the planet Naboo, where he attempted to spread the virus before being stopped and arrested by the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker were further able to find a cure on Iego in order to save those who had been infected in Vindi's laboratory. While in Republic custody, Vindi, along with Lok Durd, was part of Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic's original plans for a prisoner exchange with the Separatists to secure the release of Galen Erso, Lyra Erso, and the baby Jyn Erso from imprisonment on Vallt.
- "Doctor Nuvo Vindi, the senior medic for the Perma families. He disappeared ten years ago."
- ―Gregar Typho
Vindi then resurfaced ten years later in 21 BBY. He was then recruited by his friends in the Separatist Alliance to re-create the Blue Shadow Virus. Vindi was then given a laboratory hidden on Naboo in its eastern swamps in which to perform his work. Vindi, being completely insane, did not have any moral qualms with recreating the virus despite its universal infection and mortality rate. Indeed he regarded the virus as a superior lifeform that had been "murdered" and viewed his recreation of it as passing judgement upon the galaxy and the supposedly superior lifeforms that had eradicated it.
Vindi's experiments proved fruitful; not only was he able to re-create the virus, he subsequently modified it into an airborne strain, making it far more potent and dangerous than its previous waterborne form. He then had his droids manufacture bombs with which he intended to load virus capsules into and then detonate in key Republic star systems. However, a small amount of the virus had leaked out of the lab and Vindi's tactical droid was then captured by the Royal Naboo Security Forces under Captain Gregar Typho.
Vindi then detected Naboo's senator, Padmé Amidala and representative, Jar Jar Binks approaching his lab. Vindi then sent his battle droids to capture them and bring them into the lab, where he showed them his plans for the virus as he loaded the last bomb and gave it to his servant droid.
When Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker arrived, accompanied by Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Clone Captain Rex, Vindi soon found his base under a Republic attack. He used Amidala and Binks as hostages to bait the Jedi, allowing him time to flee with samples of the virus. What he did not anticipate, however, was the Jedi's ability in catching up with him. Clone ordnance specialists managed to defuse the virus bombs while Skywalker, with the help of shaak herder, Peppi Bow, thwarted his escape and contain any virus leak.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 67 (Databank A-Z: Vibroblades–Cikatro Vizago)
- Rise of the Separatists
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle!
- "Naboo" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Anakin Skywalker" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "The Separatists" – Star Wars Encyclopedia