- "A delicious staple of the Gungan diet, this chowder is made from freshly shucked nyorks in a creamy broth with diced protatoes, Ojomian onions and celonslay."
- ―The chowder's description on Dex's menu
Nyork chowder was a type of soup made using freshly shucked nyorks, which were served in a creamy broth along with diced protatoes, Ojomian onions, and celonslay. The dish was a staple for the Gungan species of the planet Naboo, which was also the homeworld of the nyork. Dex's Diner, an eatery located in the CoCo Town district on the planet Coruscant, served the chowder as a lunch item. Dexter Jettster, the Besalisk chef and owner of the diner, considered the meal delicious and charged 2.1 for a cup of the chowder and 3.1 for a bowl. The chowder was served at Dex's at some point prior to the eatery's destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's rule.
Behind the scenesEdit
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Last of the Jedi: Underworld established that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The Essential Reader's Companion later stated that Underworld took place around the year 18 BBY. The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was formed in 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier