The OI-CT was a model of crane walker used by the Galactic Empire. They notably saw use on Corellia as early as 13 BBY, and on Mustafar during the construction of Fortress Vader by 12 BBY.
Behind the scenes
The OI-CT first appeared in the 2018 movie Solo: A Star Wars Story, but was not identified as such until 2019, in a video from the official "Star Wars Kids" Youtube channel. The concept was pitched by James Clyne, design supervisor at Lucasfilm.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (Picture only)
- (First identified as OI-CT)
Notes and references
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Darth Vader (2017) 23
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Fortress Vader was completed forty-six years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the fortress's construction, as well as the Battle of Fortress Vader that ensued, must have happened in 12 BBY.
- The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story