- "You will deal with these gundarks, OOL-2. Find them, skin them, and bring their pelts to our Trandoshan friends."
- ―Nute Gunray and OOL-2
OOL-2 was a B1 battle droid manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata to serve in the Trade Federation Droid Army. Sometime between 39 and 36 BBY, OOL-2 was deployed to the moon Alaris Prime, which the Trade Federation was trying to colonize illegally. OOL-2 found on Alaris Prime a power core that had been damaged by the moon's gundarks and later completely destroyed by Wookiees from the planet Kashyyyk who were making a legal colonization effort. OOL-2 reported the loss of the power core to the Trade Federation's leader, Nute Gunray, who ordered him to find the gundarks he believed were responsible and kill them. The gundarks were later eradicated from Alaris Prime by the droid army, but the Trade Federation ultimately lost the world to the Wookiees.
- "I have located the malfunctioning power core. Destroyed by gundarks, sir."
- ―OOL-2, reporting to Nute Gunray
OOL-2 was manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata as a B1 battle droid to serve in the Trade Federation Droid Army. Between 39 BBY and 36 BBY, OOL-2 was sent to Alaris Prime, a moon recently rediscovered by Wookiees from the planet Kashyyyk. The Trade Federation wanted to colonize the moon, but consent to do so had been given to the Wookiees who had found it by the Galactic Senate. Nevertheless, OOL-2 arrived on the moon with a large contingent of the droid army sometime before the Wookiees landed on Alaris Prime.
While OOL-2 was on Alaris Prime, two Wookiees, Chewbacca and Shoran, landed on the moon and destroyed one of the Trade Federation's power cores that had already suffered heavy damage after being attacked by gundarks, the main predator on Alaris Prime. The Trade Federation noticed the damage to the power core and sent OOL-2 to find it. OOL-2 found its ruins and reported its destruction to the Trade Federation's leader, Nute Gunray, mistakenly telling him that gundarks had destroyed the power core. Gunray ordered OOL-2 to find the gundarks that he believed were responsible, kill them, and then sell their pelts to the Trade Federation's Trandoshan allies. The Trade Federation later attacked the gundark nest and eliminated the creatures from Alaris Prime but were eventually driven off the world by the Wookiees.
Behind the scenesEdit
OOL-2 first appeared in the 2001 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, voiced by Michael Gough. OOL-2 only appears at the end of the level "Moving and Attacking," the first level in the Wookiee training campaign, wherein he investigates a power core destroyed by the player using Chewbacca and Shoran earlier in the mission. When he appears OOL-2 does not receive a specific character type, so if the player clicks on him he is only named as a normal trooper, with his name being given in dialogue with Nute Gunray.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Based on information applicable to all B1 battle droids according to
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ Based on information applicable to all battle droids from Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook.
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology places the Alaris Prime colonial war between 39 BBY and 36 BBY.