The OOM-series battle droids were predecessors to the B1 battle droids. OOM command battle droids, OOM pilot battle droids, security battle droids were part of the line. The OOM-series was used before the Trade Federation built their army of B1 battle droids, in the Invasion of Naboo, and throughout the Clone Wars. B1-268 was an OOM command battle droid under the command of General Kalani in the Separatist holdout on Agamar during the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire.
- Security battle droid—battle droids designed for security, also known as Specialist Droids. These battle droid were identifiable by the distinctive red markings on the back of the head and body. They were used in the Invasion of Naboo by the Trade Federation and were incorporated into the Separatist Droid Army, tasked to serve as security at locations like the prison the Citadel, or the Providence-class dreadnought Invisible Hand, and act as snipers and special infantry for battles against the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
The concept of the "OOM-series" was first introduced in Star Wars Legends for the Roleplaying Game, inspired by the designation of commander battle droid OOM-9. The series name was later brought into canon through Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition.
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (First identified as OOM-series battle droid)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Last Battle"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"