- "To the Pykes you must go. To Oba Diah, yes."
- ―Yoda, to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
Oba Diah was a planet located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Pyke species. Located on the end of the Kessel Run, the Pyke Syndicate managed the distribution of spice from Kessel as it was delivered throughout the galaxy from Pyke Palace on Oba Diah.
- "I do remember that the talks were postponed not long after our delegation arrived on Oba Diah, something about a flare up of activity on Felucia."
- ―Former Chancellor Valorum, to Master Yoda
Around the time of the Invasion of Naboo, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum sent Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas and the Chancellor's personal aide, Silman, to Oba Diah in order to settle a dispute within the Pyke Syndicate, one that threatened to create a full-scale gang war on Coruscant. Shortly after arriving, Sifo-Dyas and Silman were diverted to Felucia by the Jedi High Council. The Pykes were hired by the Sith to shoot down their vessel, which crashed on the Oba Diah moon. This act led to Sifo-Dyas' death, and Silman's capture by the Pykes for insurance against the Sith.
Years later, during the Clone Wars, Sifo-Dyas' T-6 shuttle was discovered on the moon by Jedi Master Plo Koon. This led the Jedi Order to investigate Sifo-Dyas' disappearance. With the help of now-former Chancellor Valorum, the Jedi established a link between the Pykes and Sifo-Dyas. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker traveled to Oba Diah to investigate, where the Pyke leader, Lom Pyke, informed them that a man called Tyranus—secretly the Sith Lord Count Dooku—had hired them to kill the long-dead Jedi Master. Lom also revealed that Silman was alive, though Dooku soon arrived and killed Silman. The Sith Lord engaged the Jedi in a lightsaber duel on Oba Diah, where they learned that Dooku was Tyranus. The Pykes joined the battle, forcing Dooku to retreat, but not before he was able to kill Lom.
Towards the end of the Clone Wars, Marg Krim became the leader of the Pyke Syndicate. When the Black Sun leader Ziton Moj proposed merging the two crime syndicates, Krim rejected the offer. In retaliation, Moj ordered the kidnapping of Krim's wife Tezzka Krim and their children Vram and Laalee. Krim was unable to rely on his Pyke Syndicate subordinates for help because several of his underlings contested his leadership of the organization. In response, Krim enlisted the services of two independent bounty hunters—the former Sith apprentice Asajj Ventress and the undercover Jedi Master Quinlan Vos—to rescue his family. Ventress and Vos succeeded in rescuing Krim's family from the Black Sun fortress on Mustafar. However, Black Sun retaliated against the Pykes by launching an attack on their stronghold on Oba Diah.
Behind the scenesEdit
Oba Diah was first introduced in "The Lost One," which was the tenth episode of The Lost Missions, the sixth season of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Concept art for the planet, as well as its moon, was created by artist David Le Merrer in 2011. At the time, the planet's name was spelled "Obah Diah."
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One" (First appearance)
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deal No Deal"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dangerous Debt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Together Again"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten" (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron: Free Fall (Mentioned only) (as Obah Diah)
- Force Collector
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)