- "This—this is a wasteland. There's nothing."
The Oba Diah moon was a desert moon that orbited the planet Oba Diah. Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, the Pyke Syndicate shot down Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas's shuttle over the moon. The crash site was rediscovered when the shuttle's distress signal led Jedi Master Plo Koon and the 104th Battalion to the Oba Diah moon during the Clone Wars.
The Oba Diah moon was controlled by the Pyke Syndicate. Several months before the invasion of the planet Naboo in the year 32 BBY, former Jedi Council member Sifo-Dyas and Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum's aide Silman's T-6 shuttle was shot down by the Pykes on the orders of a man named Tyranus. Sifo-Dyas was killed in the crash, but Silman survived. The Pykes then left the shuttle, taking Sifo-Dyas's body to Tyranus and Silman as insurance for the future.
- "We've scanned the area three times. This is a wasteland. There's nothing."
- ―Comet, searching for source of the distress signal
Near the end of the Clone Wars, the Jedi Temple detected a distress signal coming from the moon. Jedi Master Plo Koon, along with Commander Wolffe and the 104th Battalion then discovered the shuttle and found Sifo-Dyas's lightsaber. Koon and his men then took the shuttle back to Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Force Collector
- (First pictured)
- (First identified as Oba Diah moon)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 78 (PYK1-2, Pyke Syndicate)