- "C'mon, get up!"
- ―Oberk to Leia Organa
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "What the-?"
- ―Oberk shortly before losing consciousness
During a tour of duty on Endor, Oberk encountered and held Rebel operative Leia Organa at pistol-point and, after Oberk ordered his comrade to ready his speeder, Ewok Wicket Wystri Warrick, with whom Organa had recently become acquainted, attacked Oberk with his spear. Oberk was momentarily distracted before Organa bludgeoned him with a branch and knocked him unconscious.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The character of Oberk first appeared as a scout trooper extra in the film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, released in 1983. Prior to the film, in the Return of the Jedi novel released earlier that same year, an unnamed scout trooper with Oberk's role appeared. He is alone when capturing Leia Organa, has different dialogue in the scene, and Organa kills him with his own blaster after Wicket Warrick attacks him. The film's script, featured in The Art of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays and Star Wars: Behind the Magic, refer to him as "Scout #1." In 1999, Oberk was given a name and a brief backstory in the Endor Limited edition of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Corporal Oberk)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Freeze!)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (WIC3, Wicket W. Warrick) (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia