Obi-Wan Kenobi's first lightsaber was the lightsaber constructed by and wielded by Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was a Padawan. It was based on the simple design of his master Qui-Gon Jinn's weapon. Kenobi lost this weapon during the Invasion of Naboo during a duel with the Sith Lord Darth Maul, who kicked it into a reactor shaft inside the Theed power generator. Obi-Wan would later build himself a replica of this weapon that he would wield as a Jedi Knight until the start of the Clone Wars, after which he would use a new lightsaber of a completely different design.
During his Mission to Pijal, the kyber crystal which powered the blade of the weapon was briefly swapped with a kohlen crystal. This ended up saving his life, as such a blade was able to cut through armor which was similarly powered by kohlen crystals.
- Master & Apprentice
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- The Phantom Menace Golden Book
- Age of Republic - Obi-Wan Kenobi 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Obi-Wan Kenobi (★★★★) (link)) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Obi-Wan Kenobi's first lightsaber)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Sith) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Score"