Obi-Wan Kenobi crafted this lightsaber almost exactly the same to his original one: A design based upon his former master's lightsaber that featured a solid hilt with the exception of the handgrip surrounding the diatium power cell. The emitter barrel had all of the controls mounted onto it which included the activator, blade length and intensity control, and the blade power adjust. The weapon's radiator grooves were separated from the body of the weapon by a cut-back portion which also held the internal adegan crystal. Immediately below was the main body was a ridged handgrip, which thickened near the bottom of the section where the charging port was, concealed by the belt clip. The pommel was a black sphere and housed the power cell reserve cap which had six evenly spaced protrusions around the pommel. However, there were a few minor details such as the blade power being controlled by a gold knob.
After being promoted to Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi rebuilt his lightsaber in the style of his first lightsaber, destroyed during the Second Battle of Theed in 32 BBY in his duel with Sith Lord Darth Maul.
This model was created after Kenobi briefly wielded his former master's lightsaber and it stayed at Kenobi's side for a decade, and saw action during many missions. Some of those missions took Kenobi to Radnor, Korriban and the Senate Building on Coruscant. Obi-Wan used this weapon to kill Granta Omega in 24 BBY.
Kenobi also used this lightsaber at the Outlander Club in the Coruscant Underlevels to slice off Clawdite bounty hunter Zam Wesel's arm. He also used this lightsaber against bounty hunter Jango Fett on Kamino. It was lost on Geonosis in 22 BBY when the Geonosians took Kenobi captive, and disarmed him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: The Followers
- Jedi Quest 2
- Jedi Quest 4
- Star Wars: Poison Moon
- Star Wars Adventures 2: The Cavern of Screaming Skulls
- Practice Makes Perfect
- The Approaching Storm
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars 24: Silent Drifting (Appears in flashback(s))
- Chewbacca's Activity Book
- Luke Skywalker's Activity Book
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 33 (LIG6, Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber)
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Picture only)
- The New Essential Chronology (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- The Essential Reader's Companion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Obi-Wan Kenobi (★★★, Kamino)) (Picture only)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found