Observatories were structures that the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious established across the galaxy in or prior to 20 BBY, when he was still the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. While all such buildings were laboratories of sorts, each looked beyond the galactic rim in a different direction and was infused with a specific purpose. Some hosted weapon designs or the weapons themselves, while others housed ancient Sith artifacts, and others still were prisons in which the lifeforces of those captured were harnessed. The Jakku Observatory, located near the Plaintive Hand plateau, was meant to play a role in the Contingency. Another Observatory was located on the planet Pillio.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First pictured)
- Shadow Fall (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First appearance)
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- In Aftermath: Empire's End, the Observatories are shown to have existed at least twenty-five years prior to the novel's present time. Since Empire's End features the Battle of Jakku, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 5 ABY, the date of 20 BBY can be deduced using simple math.
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"