Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities at Black Spire Outpost on Batuu offered a variety of kyber crystals for sale in small capsules. Very rarely, a capsule supposed to contain a red crystal was instead found to contain a fragment of obsidian. These unique obsidian shards had been mined from dark side shrines and were infused with the power of the dark side of the Force. As a result, the shards had gained similar properties to red kyber crystals, and when inserted into a lightsaber, they would produce a red blade.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- Obsidian on Wikipedia