During its reign of the galaxy, the Galactic Empire conquered and brutally occupied the planet Kashyyyk, the homeworld of the Wookiees, who were enslaved and used as laborers. The occupation was resisted by the Wookiees with repeated uprisings, but resulted in vicious retaliation by the Empire. A large Imperial force remained on Kashyyyk after the Battle of Endor, led by Grand Moff Lozen Tolruck. Tolruck had the local population subjugated by use of inhibitor chips and even hunted Wookiees for sport on top of imprisoning them in the repurposed prison ship Ashmead's Lock and using them for slave labor. The Empire's occupation of Kashyyyk was ultimately ended in 5 ABY, when it was liberated by the New Republic.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Ahsoka (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance)
- "Ghosts of Kashyyyk, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 27 (Indirect mention only)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Ahsoka
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and the events of Shattered Empire 4, which take place three months after the battle, to 5 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Aftermath states that months have passed since the Battle of Endor, while Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath. Therefore, the events of Aftermath: Life Debt begin at least four months after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 5 ABY. Additionally, Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel, Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, thereby firmly placing Aftermath: Life Debt in 5 ABY.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy