- "It's a mobile genetics unit, and I don't see what difference it makes whether it’s racing odupiendos or humans that you’re assessing. Except the dupies are worth a lot more."
- ―Mereel Skirata
The odupiendo, colloquially known as dupie, was a bird-like, bipedal species that hailed from the planet of Naboo. Although unable to fly, the odupiendos were fast runners. Taking advantage of that particular skill, the Naboo people had created a sport called odupiendo racing, which involved several of those avian creatures running along a circular track. Such races were among the favorite betting sports in gambling places like the Outlander Club on Coruscant, and, for that reason, a stable of trained odupiendos was considered a highly valuable possession.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Omega Squad: Targets (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: True Colors (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (First identified as Odupiendo)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia