Oga's Cantina was a cantina found near Smuggler's Alley on Merchant Row, located in Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim planet Batuu. It was owned by a Blutopian bartender named Oga Garra, and pilot droid RX-24, now under the name "R-3X," worked as a DJ there. The bounty hunter Harkos was known to frequent the cantina. Unlike Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, droids were allowed on premise despite there being a droid detector. Kendoh Voss once arrived at the cantina to meet up with a fortune teller she knew of, eventually meeting with Hondo Ohnaka of Ohnaka Transport Solutions.
Description[edit | edit source]
Oga's Cantina was located on the Outer Rim planet of Batuu. It could be found near Smuggler's Alley on Merchant Row in the settlement of Black Spire Outpost. It was run by the Blutopian crime boss Oga Garra and was known for serving pilots, bounty hunters, smugglers, locals, and galactic travelers. These denizens used the establishment to conduct illegal business, meet a friend, confront an enemy, or just unwind. The cantina would eventually gain a reputation as a popular pit stop for those looking to avoid the eyes of the authorities. First Order stormtroopers were even known to occasionally pop in for a visit.
Offerings[edit | edit source]
- "We've got Batuu Brew, Black Spire Brew, Blurrgfire, Toniray White, Andoan White, Moogan Tea—with or without alco—"
- ―Janott lists available drinks at Oga's Cantina
The establishment offered alcoholic beverages, including Andoan White, Bad Motivator IPA, Bespin Fizz, Bloody Rancor, Dagobah Slug Slinger, Fuzzy Tauntaun,, Imperial Guard, Jedi Mind Trick, Jet juice, Spice Runner Hard Cider, T-16 Skyhopper, The Outer Rim, Toniray, White Wampa Ale, and Yub Nub. There were also a number of non-alcoholic drinks served there, such as Black Spire Brew, Blue Bantha, Carbon Freeze, Cliff Dweller, Hyperdrive (Punch It!), Jabba Juice, and Spiran caf. Moogan tea was available both with and without alcohol. The cantina served drinks for both children and adults, and people came from all over the galaxy to sample the famous concoctions, which were formed from exotic ingredients using otherworldly methods and served in unique vessels.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The cantina was first unveiled during the D23 Expo for 2017 via a scale model of the Galaxy's Edge park area. The exterior of the cantina also appeared very briefly in a scene added to the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue attraction on November 17, 2017. Further details were revealed during the Galactic Nights event on December 16 of the same year via two trading cards that gave some details of the locations and expected elements of the park. The first, the cover of the card, revealed that RX-24 from the original Star Tours was re-purposed as a DJ, with the new name "R3X", and the second, as part of the map portion of the card, revealed that it acted as the local watering hole, was located near Smuggler's Alley, and that one of its beverages was Blurrgfire. It included two Aurebesh statements on its borders, stating, "BLACK WAS THE SPIRE THAT" and "CALLED ME TO STAY."
According to the Walt Disney World News Today fan site, the cantina is the place where one can purchase drinks, as well as interact with various criminals, bounty hunters, and smugglers, and see live music performed. A piece of concept art released earlier by Disney resembled the card's image of the cantina. A name and more details were revealed on August 30, 2018 on the Disney Parks Blog. When it opened, it became the first public dining location in Disneyland Park to serve alcohol, breaking a tradition of serving no alcohol in the park instituted by Walt Disney himself.[source?]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Thrawn: Alliances (First canonical appearance)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook
- Force Collector (Mentioned only)
- Force Collector audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Pirate's Price (First identified as Oga Garra's cantina)
- Pirate's Price audiobook
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Galaxy's Edge 1
- Galaxy's Edge 3
- Galaxy's Edge 4 (Cover only)
- Galaxy's Edge 5 (Indirect mention only)
- A Crash of Fate
- A Crash of Fate audiobook
- "Chasing Ghosts"—Myths & Fables (In flashback(s))
- Myths & Fables audiobook (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Black Spire Outpost"
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Merchant Row
- Star Wars: Datapad
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Pirate's Price
- Hewitt, Zoe (2019-05-29). How Disney, Lucasfilm Built a Piece of the 'Star Wars' Universe With Galaxy's Edge. Variety. variety.com. Archived from the original on July 2, 2020.
- PHOTOS: Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge Trading Cards Provide New Details of What Guests Will Find on Batuu in 2019 on WDW News Today
- New Star Wars-Themed Land Details Revealed at Star Wars Celebration