Oga's Cantina was found in Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim planet of Batuu near Smuggler's Alley and was owned by an intriguing bartender named Oga Garra. Pilot droid RX-24 worked as a DJ there. The bounty hunter Harkos was known to frequent the cantina. They also served Blurrgfire. Unlike Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina, Droids were allowed on premise despite there being a Droid detector. Kendoh Voss once arrived at the cantina to meet up with a fortune teller she knew of.
Oga Garra's cantina was located on the Outer Rim planet of Batuu in the settlement of Black Spire Outpost near Smuggler's Alley. It was run by the alien Oga Garra and was known for serving pilots, bounty hunters, smugglers, locals, and galactic travelers. These denizens used the establishment to conduct illegal business, meet a friend, confront an enemy, or just unwind. The cantina would eventually gain a reputation as a popular pit stop for those looking to avoid the eyes of the authorities. Stormtroopers were even known to occasionally pop in for a visit.
The cantina was a circular domed building that protruded from the side of one of Black Spire's many petrified trees.
The establishment offered several alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including Batuu Brew, Black Spire Brew, Blurrgfire, Toniray White, Andoan White, Fuzzy Tauntaun and Moogan tea, the last of which was available both with and without alcohol. The cantina served drinks for both children and adults, and people came from all over the galaxy to sample the famous concoctions, which were formed from exotic ingredients using otherworldly methods and served in unique vessels.
Behind the scenesEdit
The cantina was first unveiled during the D23 Expo for 2017 via a scale model of the Galaxy's Edge park area. The exterior of the cantina also appeared very briefly in a scene added to the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue attraction on November 17, 2017. Further details were revealed during the Galactic Nights event on December 16 of the same year via two trading cards that gave some details of the locations and expected elements of the park. The first, the cover of the card, revealed that RX-24 from the original Star Tours was re-purposed as a DJ, with the new name "R3X", and the second, as part of the map portion of the card, revealed that it acted as the local watering hole, was located near Smuggler's Alley, and that one of its beverages was Blurrgfire. It included two Aurebesh statements on its borders, stating, "BLACK WAS THE SPIRE THAT" and "CALLED ME TO STAY." According to the Walt Disney World News Today fan site, the cantina is the place where one can purchase drinks, as well as interact with various criminals, bounty hunters, and smugglers, and see live music performed. A piece of concept art released earlier by Disney resembled the card's image of the cantina. A name and more details were revealed on August 30, 2018 on the Disney Parks Blog. When it opened, it became the first public dining location in Disneyland Park to serve alcohol, breaking a tradition of serving no alcohol in the park instituted by Walt Disney himself.
- Thrawn: Alliances (First canonical appearance)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook
- Force Collector (Mentioned only)
- Force Collector audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Pirate's Price (First identified as Oga Garra's cantina)
- Pirate's Price audiobook
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Galaxy's Edge 1
- Galaxy's Edge 3
- Galaxy's Edge 4 (Cover only)
- Galaxy's Edge 5 (Indirect mention only)
- A Crash of Fate
- A Crash of Fate audiobook
- "Chasing Ghosts"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- Myths & Fables audiobook (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
- Star Wars: Datapad
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
- Oga's Cantina page at official Disneyland website
- Oga's Cantina page at official Walt Disney World website
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Thrawn: Alliances
- ↑ Pirate's Price
- ↑ Hewitt, Zoe (May 29, 2019). How Disney, Lucasfilm Built a Piece of the 'Star Wars' Universe With Galaxy's Edge. Variety. variety.com.
- ↑ PHOTOS: Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge Trading Cards Provide New Details of What Guests Will Find on Batuu in 2019 on WDW News Today
- ↑ New Star Wars-Themed Land Details Revealed at Star Wars Celebration