Ohratuu was a terrestrial planet located within the Ohratuu system of the Expansion Region's Piryn Shar sector. It was home to a species of docile land-based herd creatures known as deripors.
By 3 ABY, the former Rebel Alliance general Reesen Jivrak and his small group of followers established a base on the planet. Jivrak employed his modified Science Research Droid, Geth, to synthesize toxins and inject them into the nervous systems of deripors, thereby increasing the creatures' strength and heightening their aggression. The former Rebel general then used the altered deripors in hit-and-run attacks.
Behind the scenes
Ohratuu was first mentioned in "Toria Tell's Droid Journal," an article written by Christian Piccolo and published in West End Games' Star Wars Adventure Journal 10 in May 1996. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Ohratuu system, and therefore the planet Ohratuu, within grid square K-16.
- "Toria Tell's Droid Journal" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 10 (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Jivrak, General Reesen")
Notes and references
- Ohratuu system — Based on corresponding data for
- "Toria Tell's Droid Journal" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- "Toria Tell's Droid Journal" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 10 states that Science Research Droids were introduced shortly after the Battle of Hoth, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 3 ABY. Since Reesen Jivrak employed a Science Research Droid on Ohratuu, he must have established his base on the planet at some point no earlier than that year.
- The Essential Atlas