Oi-ois were small red berries. Sinjir Rath Velus, when he was a child, picked them with his mother. He later compared their taste, combined with that of jybbuk-fruit, to the taste of sashin-leaf mead. Decades later, the fruit was served as fruit jelly in Takodana Castle.
Behind the scenes
Oi-ois first appeared as background props in Takodana Castle in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, a film released in December 2015. They were not identified in the film, but were named in the reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia, released in April 2017.
- Aftermath (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- "Hives & Dives"—Star Wars Insider 192