- "Recently arrived from Old Mankoo, out by the Outer Rim. […] Her planet's impoverished—although she seems to live well enough."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, on Princess Tsian
Old Mankoo was a planet located in the Old Mankoo system, a part of the Quess sector in the Trailing Sectors portion of the Mid Rim. The planet was impoverished, and by 23 BBY, the royal family of Old Mankoo had been overthrown.
Although the Human Princess Tsian, a part of the royal family, continued to live well, due to the political situation on her homeworld, the princess no longer had access to the funds she previously had. As a result, Tsian became an assassin for hire. She had the Psicom 1260 interface, which allowed her to control assassin droids with her thoughts, cybernetically implanted into her brain and then used her diplomatic status as a princess to carry out political assassinations off-world.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Old Mankoo was first mentioned in Honor and Duty, Part 2, the forty-seventh issue of the Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars: Republic comic-book series. The issue was written by John Ostrander and published on December 11, 2002.
The entry for Old Mankoo in the 2008 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia placed the planet in the Outer Rim Territories, contradicting Republic 47, which placed it in that region's vicinity instead. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas subsequently placed the Old Mankoo system, and therefore the planet itself, in grid square N-17 as part of the Mid Rim, and the StarWars.com Online Companion to that book later specified that the Old Mankoo system was situated in the Quess sector, which formed a part of the Mid Rim's border with the Outer Rim Territories.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Republic 47: Honor and Duty, Part 2 (First mentioned)
- Republic 48: Honor and Duty, Part 3 (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Old Mankoo system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Old Mankoo system
- Republic 47: Honor and Duty, Part 2
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 407 ("Old Mankoo")
- Star Wars: The Comics Companion dates the events of the Honor and Duty story arc of the Star Wars: Republic comic-book series to twenty-three years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 23 BBY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- Republic 48: Honor and Duty, Part 3