- "This writing… it's in the old tongue."
- ―Ahsoka Tano
The "old tongue" was a language whose written form consisted of glyphs. Inscriptions in that language were engraved on the tomb of Darth Bane on Moraband, on the base of the Sith temple on Malachor, and on the interior walls of the Jedi Temple on Lothal.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice" (First appearance) (Written form only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi" (Written form only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice" (First identified as old tongue)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary