Oneness was the state of union with the Force. While under normal circumstances this could only be achieved after a Force-sensitive or a Non-Force-sensitive had died and passed into the Netherworld of the Force, this was not always the case. In some select circumstances living individuals managed to become an extension of the Force/Becoming One with their respective side--though this also sometimes opened one up to severe temptation to the Dark Side if they were not already a darksider. They essentially became nothing more than an extension—a tool—of the Force, and were at a perfect calm state.
Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker are the only known Jedi to naturally achieve oneness with the Force more than once. The Skywalkers' ability to do so was possibly because they were the Chosen One and his son. Barriss Offee was also able to achieve this state two times with the help of the bota she injected herself with.
Some Force-sensitives who achieved this include:
- Darth Malgus: Prior to his duel with Adraas, Malgus became more powerful than ever before by eliminating his only source of weakness: Eleena Daru. Her death allowed Malgus to reach such a mental state that he resided in the calm eye of a storm of hate. Power churned around him, within him. He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it. Within this state, Malgus became virtually unstoppable.
- Anakin Skywalker: During the Battle of Praesitlyn, and on the planet Mortis while resurrecting Ahsoka Tano using the Daughter's last powers before her death.
- Barriss Offee: After she had injected herself with bota, she experienced a state of oneness with the Force that she described as being in all times, all places, and all things. She was recorded as doing this on two separate occasions, and both times entered this state as a result.
- Jax Pavan: After escaping a confrontation with Darth Vader, he momentarily experienced the same state of being that Barriss Offee had. In the absence of any conscious effort to bring it about, he concluded that it was the will of the Force that had made it possible, reassuring him that he was doing the right thing.
- Anakin Solo: On the Myrkr mission against the Yuuzhan Vong, regaining all of his prowess for combat, and spontaneously striking his opponents with Force Lightning. However, Solo was already dying, and while he restored his fighting skills briefly, his body died even fasted as it was consumed by the Light Side.
- Ganner Rhysode: In captivity on Coruscant he managed to single-handedly hold off and kill several thousand Yuuzhan Vong warriors before finally collapsing the roof of the Senate Hall to wipe out the rest of the Yuuzhan Vong forces and their battle creatures.
- Luke Skywalker: On the way to confront Supreme Overlord Shimrra he slew countless Yuuzhan Vong as well as many Slayers in a state that was described by his nephew Jacen Solo as a maelstrom of luminous Force energy that poured from a calm center. It was a maelstrom in which Skywalker did not appear to be present either physically or as an individual personality, having completely surrendered himself to the will of the Force. Skywalker considered entering this state to have great risks of drawing him to the Dark Side, however. Later, an exhausted Skywalker briefly became one with the Force to gain enough power to kill one of Abeloth's bodies, though some of his cells were destroyed by the power unleashed in this state. After the battle, Luke was able to heal however.
- Jacen Solo: In the final battle of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Solo achieved a total oneness with the Force, becoming a being of glowing light. When he returned to his normal form, Solo did not perceive it possible for him to ever achieve oneness again.
- Ben Skywalker: During the duel between Skywalker and Vestara Khai against Abeloth at the Font of Power, Skywalker opened himself completely to the Force in order to fight Abeloth and protect Khai. He felt himself become one with the Force, but even in this state he was only able to slightly harm the dark side entity, despite hitting Abeloth with a Force blast that would have been able to knock an entire frigate out of orbit.
- The Old Republic: Annihilation (Mentioned only)
- The Old Republic: Annihilation audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse audiobook
- Crucible audiobook