- "I wish I could have floated in the seas of my home, one last time..."
The Celegian Jedi Master Ooroo, who lived at the time of the Great Hyperspace War—a conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire—referred to a world with seas on its surface as his home. Ooroo, who was born sometime prior to the year 5000 BBY, floated in those seas on several occasions during his life. During the Republic's battle against invading Sith armies on the planet of Kirrek in 5,000 BBY, Ooroo sacrificed his life in order to defeat the enemy, and, as he lay dying on the battlefield, the Celegian expressed to Odan-Urr, his Draethos Jedi apprentice, his wish to float in the seas of his homeworld for a last time.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Ooroo's homeworld was first indirectly mentioned in the fourth issue of The Fall of the Sith Empire story arc of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published in 1997 and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 4: The Dogs of War (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 4: The Dogs of War
- According to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comics, Ooroo was alive shortly before the end of the Unification Wars of the Koros system, which is dated by The Essential Atlas to the year 5000 BBY. It can therefore be concluded that Ooroo was born sometime prior to this date.
- The Great Hyperspace War is dated by The Essential Atlas to the year 5000 BBY.