- "Oh, and you got another message about two hours ago from a Juahir Madras."
"Yes, Governor, from the Oovo Four detention center."
- ―A receptionist and Governor Arihnda Pryce
Oovo IV was a prison moon. By 32 BBY, the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft was created to guard it. The moon was home to the Oovo Four detention center during the reign of the Galactic Empire.
Oovo IV was a prison moon located within the reaches of the galaxy. The Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft was designed for the task of guarding the moon. At some point by 32 BBY, the bounty hunter Jango Fett stole the Firespray-31 Slave I from Oovo IV.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Oovo IV was home to the Oovo Four detention center. After Juahir Madras, a bodyguard instructor at the Yinchom Dojo on the planet Coruscant, was arrested for convincing her trainees to attack and occasionally murder the Imperial Senators they were tasked with protecting, she was imprisoned at the detention center. While there, Madras sent at least twenty messages to her friend Arihnda Pryce, governor of the planet Lothal.
Behind the scenesEdit
Oovo IV was first mentioned, albeit indirectly, in the new Star Wars canon in Star Wars: Star Pilot, a 2015 children's book written by Laura Buller. The moon was later identified in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. Oovo IV was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity via Star Wars: Episode I Racer, a 1999 LucasArts video game.
- Star Wars: Star Pilot (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Oovo IV)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Thrawn
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Age of Republic - Jango Fett 1 shows Slave I in Jango Fett's possession when he was recruited by Dooku to serve as the genetic template of the clone troopers. Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones also establishes that Jango Fett was recruited before the birth of Boba Fett, who was ten years old when the former died, according to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates Jango Fett's death to 22 BBY, he must have acquired the starship by 32 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Star Pilot
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Racer