- "Big gooberfish! Huge-o teeth!"
- ―Jar Jar Binks
Opee sea killers, known to Gungans as Gooberfish, were creatures found in the oceans of the planets Naboo and Strokill Prime. They contained evolutionary traits from multiple other animals, and had strong armor, jaws with double rows of teeth and purple prehensile tongues which they used to quickly devour small prey, or use to capture large prey and pull in to their jaws. They moved by taking in water through their large mouth and expelling it through small vents on its back. It would close the distance on its prey and use its long gooey purple tongue to pull it into its mouth.
Biology and Appearance
Opee sea killers were crustaceans that measured 20 meters in length and had reddish orange skin and yellow eyes. They had armor, limbs, and jaws with double rows of teeth. They had long purple tongues that were prehensile and gooey. They moved through the water using jet propulsion; they sucked water in through their mouths and squirted it out from small vents at the rear of their bodies. Opee sea killers laid eggs.
Opee sea killers lurked inside caves in Naboo's ocean depths. Opee sea killers were carnivores that ate scalefish. They lied in wait and clung motionless to rocky crags. They used an antennae to lure prey and then used their gooey purple prehensile tongue to capture prey and drag it into its mouth. Opee sea killers were aggressive and persistent, and they weren't afraid of larger predators. Males carried its mate's eggs in its mouth for around three months. It could not eat until the young are born. They were eaten by sando aqua monsters, which used their snapping jaws to bite through the opee sea killer's armor.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force" (Appears in hologram)
- "Intermission, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 13
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Appears as a toy)
- Star Wars 46
- Star Wars 47
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only)
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Kyber Saber Crystal Chase"
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 41 (Guide to the Galaxy: Naboo's Underwater World)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 42 (Databank A-Z: OOM-9–Viceroy Bail Organa)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Star Wars: Creatures Big & Small
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- "Naboo" – Star Wars Encyclopedia