An operating number, also referred to as an Imperial code name, a call number, or as a TK number, was the alphanumeric code by which personnel of the Galactic Empire, including stormtroopers and officers, were identified. The operating numbers of officers consisted of three letters followed by two numerals, like LRC-01, or three letters and three numerals, like ISB-021. Those of stormtroopers consisted of two letters followed by three or four numerals, as exemplified by LS-005, TK-626, MB-223, TK-421, and TK-5331. Generally speaking, a low number was an indicator of high rank.
- Rise of the Rebels
- Ezra's Gamble
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fighter Flight"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy audiobook
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- "The Bucket"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Born in the Storm"—From a Certain Point of View
- "The Witness"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars (2020) 21
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 15: The Believer" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Breakout"
- (as Imperial code name)