History[edit | edit source]
Ophideraan was ruled by the Serpent Masters, a group of Human warriors who rode the flying serpents and used to enslave everybody crashing on the planet. They was led by Supreme Serpent Master Tyrann.
Several years before the Battle of Yavin, Josen Shire and his daughter Tanith were forced to crash-land on Ophideraan. They were enslaved by the serpent riders who forced Tanith Shire to steal drone barges from Fondor and bring them to supply Ophideraan.
In 0 ABY, Luke Skywalker also crashed on the planet and was enslaved before defeating the Serpent Masters. Skywalker and all the other former slaves used the Serpent Masters' ship to leave Ophideraan.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Serpent Masters (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3 (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 60 (TAN1-4, Tanith Shire)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- (First identified as Ophideraan)