Ophuchi or Ophichi was the name of a planet in the Ophuchi system, the homeworld of Mace Windy, a Jedi-Bendu in the Journal of the Whills, Part I. It was also the destination of the anonymous princess, niece of its ruler, after her rescue from the Imperial capital of Alderaan.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Ophuchi is derived from the real world constellation of Ophiuchus.
- In the first story treatment, Star Wars was set in our galaxy in the 33rd century, a time and place eliminated in later versions.
- Ophuchi appears in the Journal of the Whills, Part I, the first story treatment and the rough draft. In later drafts, it is replaced by Aquilae (rough draft) (partially, as it is only mentioned as an allied system), Townowi (first draft), Ogana Major (second draft), Organa Major (story synopsis and third draft), and Alderaan by the fourth draft.
- In the revised rough draft of Episode I, Ophuchi is mentioned as the homeworld of Mars Guo. This was replaced by Phu, which was created by shaving off a few letters.
- The ending of The Star Wars 8 teases that the events of the story will be continued in Saga of the Ophuchi.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Star Wars: Story Synopsis
- The Star Wars: Rough Draft (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars: First Draft (Mentioned only)
- Adventures of the Starkiller, Episode I: The Star Wars (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars 8 (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film
- "Menace Revisited"—Star Wars Insider 109 (Mentioned only, as "Opuchi")
- "Menace Revisited"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012 (Reprint of article from Star Wars Insider 109) (Mentioned only, as "Opuchi")
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Ophiuchus on Wikipedia