Opula Deget was a golden-skinned alien female with brown eyes who was present outside the Galaxies Opera House in the Uscru District of the planet Coruscant in the year 19 BBY during a performance of the opera Squid Lake. She was walking alongside the human Ulfor Bombaasa up the opera house's steps behind Duke Teta and Duchess Koyi Mateil when the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker ran past them on his way to meet with Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. On the night of the opera, Deget wore a golden gown and a black headpiece.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Opula Deget first appeared in the 2005 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The opera steps scene was filmed on R Stage at Shepperton Studios as part of additional photography on Monday, August 23, 2004.
In the new Star Wars canon, Deget was first named in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia. The character's name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first used in the reference book Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars, which was written by Trisha Biggar and released in 2005.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Opula Deget)
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- "Coruscant" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, including Opula Deget's appearance, to 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars