- "The station's lightly manned—mostly technicians and engineers. Guess they figure no one's likely to try to steal a bunch of broken starships."
- ―Lando Calrissian
Orbital Shipyard CC-24 was a Republic Sienar Systems manufactured shipyard space station in orbit over the Colonies world Castell. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, it was overseen by Commander Pasqual and manned by engineers, technicians and stormtroopers. Some time after the Battle of Yavin, one of Emperor Sheev Palpatine's personal yachts, the Imperialis, was sent to the shipyard for a refit. The shipyard, however, was infiltrated by the criminal Lando Calrissian and his team, who hijacked the Imperialis in order to pay off a debt. Commodore Idel and Captains Conro and Shan were sent by the Emperor in three Imperial-class Star Destroyers to capture the Imperialis and punish the crew of the shipyard for failing to protect the Emperor's property. Which they did—the three Imperial officers opened fire on the shipyard, destroying it and killing everyone on board, including Pasqual.
Description[edit | edit source]
- "The shipyard is pretty well defended against any sort of assault from attack craft—turbolasers all over the place. Worried about Rebels, I guess."
- ―Lando Calrissian
History[edit | edit source]
- "The Emperor instructed me to to provide an...object lesson on the consequences of failure to protect his property. The shipyard, if you please."
- ―Idel prepares to destroy the shipyard
Orbital Shipyard CC-24, stationed in orbit over the planet Castell in the Colonies region, was originally manufactured and operated by Republic Sienar Systems, the predecessor to Sienar Fleet Systems, during the last years of the Galactic Republic. Under Raith Sienar, it produced several identical luxury pleasure craft for the influential politician and eventual-Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, all known as the Imperialis.
The shipyard later fell under the control of the Republic's successor state, the Galactic Empire, and as such, Imperial starships were often repaired and refitted at the shipyard. The shipyard was overseen by Commander Pasqual some time after the Battle of Yavin, and during that time, one of Emperor Palpatine's Imperialis yachts was taken to the shipyard for a refit. However, before the craft was sent on its way, it was stolen by gambler and criminal Lando Calrissian, in order to pay off a debt with Papa Toren, a crime boss operating off of Castell. Calrissian and his team of criminals, Lobot, Korin Pers, Aleksin and Pavol, spacewalked to the shipyard in stealth suits, sliced into an airlock and knocked a pair of stormtrooper sentries unconsciousness, raced through the wheel-section of the shipyard, boarded the Imperialis, and blasted away from the shipyard. Pasqual saw the Emperor's pleasure craft fleeing into space and was horrified, so he quickly contacted the Emperor through Grand Vizier Mas Amedda, who subsequently dispatched three Imperial-class Star Destroyers to capture the vessel.
The three warships quickly arrived in the Castell system, and Commodore Idel of the leading Star Destroyer had been instructed by the Emperor to perform an "object lesson" to those who failed to protect the Emperor's property. Therefore, the three Star Destroyers simultaneously targeted the shipyard and opened fire with their turbolasers. The shipyard exploded and was totally annihilated, killing all those aboard, including Pasqual.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Lando 1 (First appearance)
- Lando 2
- "Lando's Big Score"—Galactic Adventures Storybook Collection
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Databank A-Z: C-21–Chandrila)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 26 (Databank A-Z: Imperial Future Council–Inquisitorius) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing 60 (Starfighter Aces: Lando Calrissian – Galactic Adventurer)