Following the Great Galactic War, Ord Mantell sought to remain within the Republic. However, popularity of the Ord Mantell Central Authority undermined efforts to form closer bonds with the Republic. Corruption played a key role in the Central Authority's ability to work with the Republic. Disgusted the corruption among government officials, some on Ord Mantell began a separatist uprising. The uprising, focused mostly in the Avilatan area, concerned the Central Authority. It's own army was not enough to contain the separatist threat, and the Central Authority asked the Republic to intervene.
- Timeline 1: Treaty of Coruscant (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First identified as Ord Mantell Central Authority)
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (Indirect mention only)