Ord Mantell Travel Advertisement was the name of an advertising poster that was available in the galaxy shortly following the Battle of Yavin, a pivotal engagement during the Galactic Civil War. The poster was meant to lure tourists to the planet Ord Mantell in the Bright Jewel system. The advertisement depicted a large building with spires atop a hill. Aurebesh text, the alphabet of Galactic Basic Standard, at the bottom of the poster read "Ord Mantell."
The Ord Mantell advertisement showed a winding street with three sets of lamps set far apart from each other. The street led up a hill, where a large building with a spire was positioned. It was colored in various shades of blue, brown, and white. Text at the bottom of the poster, written in the Galactic Basic Standard alphabet, Aurebesh, read "Ord Mantell."
Ord Mantell Travel Advertisement was an advertising poster that was available in the galaxy around 1 ABY, following the conclusion of the Battle of Yavin, a crucial engagement in the conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic known as the Galactic Civil War. The purpose of the poster was to convince travelers and tourists to visit Ord Mantell, a planet in the Bright Jewel system.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Ord Mantell Travel Advertisement was a decorative item in the massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars Galaxies, which was released to the public on June 26, 2003. The game shut down on December 15, 2011. Players could obtain the poster as a loot item from the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game expansion set The Nightsister's Revenge. Several other similarly themed advertisement posters were available through the trading card game. Once obtained, the player could use the poster as decoration in a personal structure. A similar building can be seen in Streets of Ord Mantell, a painting of Worlport—a city on Ord Mantell—by Chris Trevas.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Ord Mantell Travel Advertisement)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ Royce, Brianna (2011-06-24, 4:00 p.m.). Exclusive: Smedley on the sunsetting of Star Wars Galaxies (Updated). Massively. AOL Inc. Archived from the original on April 10, 2014. Retrieved on April 16, 2014. "Sony Online Entertainment has announced that Star Wars Galaxies will be shutting down on December 15th of this year"
- ↑ "The Unseen Planets of Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 36