- "Lando Calrissian won the coveted taxi-service license rights for Ord Wylan in a sabacc game, and lost them moments later in an idle bet concerning the brand of a liquor his party was consuming."
- ―A news report by Cynabar's InfoNet
Ord Wylan was a world located in the Mid Rim's Oktos sector. During the Pius Dea Era, between 12,000 BBY and 11,000 BBY, it served as an Ordnance/Regional Depot outpost for the Galactic Republic. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, the gambler Lando Calrissian won the license rights for the taxi service on Ord Wylan in a sabacc game but lost them shortly afterward.
Ord Wylan served as an Ordnance/Regional Depot outpost for the Galactic Republic during the Pius Dea Era, a period of time that lasted between 12,000 BBY and 11,000 BBY, despite it being located just outside the borders of Republic space. Specifically, the world served as the launching point for Republic attacks against the Hutt-allied worlds of Toydaria and Circumtore, in the First Pius Dea Crusade of 11,965 BBY and the Thirty-Fourth Pius Dea Crusade of 11,057 BBY, respectively.
Shortly after the Battle of Yavin millennia later, a taxi service existed on Ord Wylan, the license rights for which had become highly sought after. During that time, the gambler Lando Calrissian won the rights in a game of sabacc, although he lost them only moments later in a bet over the brand of liquor the players were drinking. By the date 36:1:16, that fact was mentioned in a news report by Cynabar's InfoNet, issued from the Nar Shaddaa Node on the Hutt Space moon Nar Shaddaa.
Behind the scenes
Ord Wylan was first introduced by Paul Sudlow in the "Galaxywide NewsNets" feature of West End Games' Star Wars Adventure Journal 5, which was published in February 1995. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Ord Wylan system, and therefore the world itself, in grid square R-12.
Notes and references
- Ord Wylan system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Ord Wylan system
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 419 ("Ord") states that the term "Ordnance/Regional Depot" and the abbreviation "Ord" applied to certain worlds settled by the Galactic Republic.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 421 ("Ord Wylan")
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas