- "This is the Jedi Temple. You are not welcome. Leave this sacred place—now. You'll not get a second warning."
- ―Oric Traless
Oric Traless was a male Jedi Master serving the Jedi Order as a member of the Jedi High Council during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. He served as the Council's chief combat advisor.
A Force-sensitive male Nautolan, Oric Traless was trained in the ways of the Force by the Jedi Order three centuries after the end of the Jedi Civil War. Following the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic in the wake of the Great Galactic War, the Jedi Order retreated from Coruscant and took up residence on their ancestral homeworld, Tython. As a prolonged Cold War took its toll on the galaxy, Traless was made a Jedi Master and earned a seat on the Jedi High Council. Traless wielded a green lightsaber in combat. When the Sith Empire attacked Tython in 3638 BBY, Master Traless defended the Jedi Temple, though he fell in combat against the Sith invaders.
Behind the scenesEdit
Oric Traless was first introduced in the 2010 novel The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance, a tie-in to the then-upcoming video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. Fatal Alliance was largely ignored by The Old Republic's metaseries, as it was written early in the development process of The Old Republic. However, Traless appeared in the Tactical Flashpoint: Assault on Tython that was released with Game Update 2.7: Invasion in April 2014, making him the first Fatal Alliance character aside from Satele Shan to reappear in continuity.
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Using information from the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, the events of Game Updates 2.0 through 3.3 for Star Wars: The Old Republic can be placed in the time period between 3640 BBY and 3637 BBY. According to The Old Republic lead designer Charles Boyd (screenshot), the game's events can be assumed to occur in a timeline matching that of their real-time release. Therefore, the events of Game Update 2.7: Invasion can be placed in approximately 3638 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Assault on Tython"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance