Oriolanis was a terrestrial planet located in the Oriolanis system, a part of the Mid Rim's Oriolan sector. The minor technology company Oriolanis Defense Systems, which existed by 27 BBY, was based on Oriolanis. Shortly before the Battle of Endor of 4 ABY, Oriolanis was the site of a Class II military shipyard used by the Galactic Empire. The output of the facility was limited to Imperial-class Star Destroyers.
Behind the scenes
Oriolanis was first mentioned in the 2004 reference book The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, authored by W. Haden Blackman. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Oriolanis system, and therefore the planet itself, in grid square J-16.
Notes and references
- Oriolanis system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Oriolanis system
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Jedi Quest: The Shadow Trap, the events of which The Essential Reader's Companion dates to 25 BBY, mentions Striker projectile pistols being used years earlier. According to The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, those pistols were manufactured by Oriolanis Defense Systems, meaning that the company must have existed by 27 BBY.