- "You'll need these, and you'll need this, and, uh, you probably need a crate of these. You know, you'll definitely need some of this. And this, uh... I don't even know what this one does. You know what this does?"
- ―Orka, to Kazuda Xiono and Flix
Orka and his friend Flix ran the Office of Acquisitions, a starship parts shop on the Colossus platform. Of the pair, it was Orka who took care of negotiations. They had a DUM-series pit droid named GL-N who assisted them.
During the New Republic era, Orka and Flix were visited by the "mechanic" and undercover Resistance spy Kazuda Xiono, who had unwittingly entered into a race with Ace Squadron pilot Torra Doza. Orka and Flix did not take Xiono seriously until Xiono's fellow mechanic Neeku Vozo produced Xiono's acquisitions order. Since Xiono lacked the funds to pay for the starship parts, Orka agreed to give Xiono second-hand parts in return for a gorg for lunch. Xiono managed to obtain the gorg but found Orka and Flix eating. Still honoring their agreement, they gave Xiono three boxes of spareparts that they did not need.
Kaz's second visitEdit
Orka and Flix were later present at their shop when Xiono visited to purchase a CX-19 compressor. The two giggled with Orka asking if Kaz had brought credits this time. While Kaz was purchasing the compressor, the two took an interest in Kaz's lucky trophy but the youth refused to part with his prize, which he had won during a space race. Orka responded that Xiono could live comfortably for a few months if he sold his trophy. Xiono reiterated his refusal to sell his trophy.
Shortly later, another of Jarek Yeager's employees Tam Ryvora entered the store and chastised Xiono for running behind schedule. Later that day, the Colossus was raided by the Quarren pirate Kragan Gorr's Warbird gang during a Triple dark storm.
The tri-tracker chipperEdit
While Team Fireball were working on upgrading the Colossus' anti-air defense system, Xiono and BB-8 visited the Office of Acquisitions seeking a CoMar Tri-Tracker chip. Orka claimed that his store had five of those chips, six hyperdrive cores, and a crate of kyber crystals. Flix however pointed out that Orka was joking. Orka laughed and quipped that they barely had five credits for lunch. After Flix directed Xiono to the scavengers, Orka was pessimistic about the youth's chances of success. Xiono managed to obtain a tri-tracker chip from the undercover pirate Synara San. Later, Kragan's Warbirds raided the Colossus as second time.
Personality and traitsEdit
Orka had brown fur, a gray beard and eyebrows, and black eyes. He had a good sense for business and negotiations. Orka was also known for his sense of humor. He once joked about his business, the Office of Acquisitions, stocking things that they did not have.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Flix and Orka just happened to be on a page together, next to each other on a lineup. When (Dave) Filoni saw them together he was like, 'Those are our acquisitions guys. Don't change anything about it. That's them.'"
- ―Amy Beth Christenson
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Triple Dark"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Synara's Score"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Platform Classic"
- Star Wars Resistance – "When Thieves Drop By"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Treasure Chest"
- Star Wars Resistance – "GL-N"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Bucket's Quest"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Unmotivated"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Dangerous Business"
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 1"