- "He's blind as an Orkellian cave slug."
- ―Bane, on Skere Kaan
Orkellian cave slugs, also known as Orkellian space slugs, were blind creatures native to a location in the Orkellia system, a star system in the Mid Rim region of the galaxy. In 1000 BBY, the newly-proclaimed Dark Lord of the Sith Bane compared his fellow Dark Lord Skere Kaan's ignorance about the potential of the dark side of the Force to the blindness of an Orkellian cave slug. A millennium later, that same disability of the slug was compared by the smuggler Han Solo to waiting in his starship, the Millennium Falcon, while the ship's sensor array was under repair.
Behind the scenes
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (First mentioned)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2013) 2 (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- The Essential Atlas
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Orkellia system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Orkellian cave slug species.
- Star Wars (2013) 2
- In Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Bane accuses Skere Kaan of ignorance shortly before traveling to the planet Lehon. The Essential Atlas dates Bane's journey to Lehon to 1000 BBY.