- "You'll report to Orlo, the bordok master."
"That's me. Congratulations, Wicket. We'll start training tomorrow."
- ―Chirpa introduces Wicket Wystri Warrick to Orlo
Orlo was an Ewok male who lived in Bright Tree Village on the Forest Moon of Endor. He worked as a bordok master and was responsible for sweeping the village's bordok stables. Around 3 ABY, Orlo was appointed an assistant, the young Ewok Wicket Wystri Warrick, who had failed his skills test for becoming a warrior. However, Warrick left the position shortly after to pursue his dreams of being a warrior again.
- "Here, Orlo will have an opening for a new bordok sweeper."
- ―Wicket Wystri Warrick gives the lucksprite his cloak and broom
Orlo was an Ewok male who resided on Endor, a forested moon in the Outer Rim Territories. He was a member of the tribe that inhabited Bright Tree Village, serving as the village's bordok master. By 3 ABY, when the young Ewok Wicket Wystri Warrick failed his skills test for becoming a warrior, Chief Chirpa assigned Warrick to become Orlo's assistant stable sweeper. Chirpa brought Warrick to Orlo, who congratulated the younger Ewok and informed him that training would begin the following day.
Warrick became disillusioned with his dream of becoming a warrior and resigned to his duties as Orlo's assistant. However, after being chided by his friend Latara, Warrick left the village and retreated to the Cavern of Broken Dreams. When Latara, along with her friends Teebo and Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka, followed Warrick to the cavern and were attacked by a ferocious creature, Warrick defended them. With the creature defeated and his warrior dream renewed, Warrick gave his stable sweeping equipment to a disheartened lucksprite and suggested that he apply to be Orlo's assistant. Sometime later, when the wokling Malani was doubting her skills as a painter, Warrick told her his story of becoming Orlo's assistant.
Personality and traits
Skills and abilities
- "Well, perhaps you can retake the test someday, but for now I'm afraid your marks make you a bordok stable sweeper. Um, assistant bordok stable sweeper."
- ―Chirpa assigns Wicket Wystri Warrick to be Orlo's assistant
As the appointed bordok master of Bright Tree Village, Orlo was responsible for sweeping the village's stables. Bordoks, which were pony-like beasts of burden, often formed strong bonds with their owners. The job was a low-qualifying position.
Behind the scenes
Orlo appeared during a flashback sequence in "Just My Luck," the eighteenth episode in the second season of the animated television series Ewoks. The episode was written by Michael Dubil and premiered on November 22, 1986.
Notes and references
- Ewoks—"Just My Luck"
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23 dates the events of the Ewoks television series, which include the the events in "Just My Luck," to three years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology. Since Orlo appears in a flashback sequence of "Just My Luck," he must have met Wicket Wystri Warrick by 3 ABY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 86 ("bordok")
- "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27